Custom Design - GE Microwave JES1657SM1SS
Updated: Oct 7, 2021
Tactile Icon Map
HALOS Overlay Text Description of Tactile Icons
Microwave Oven Controls GE Microwave JES1657SM1SS
This document is a text-only description of the tactile icons used for your appliance. Each button on the control panel is represented by a tactile icon
The microwave panel has nine rows.
Starting with the top row, from left to right.
Row 1 has three controls
1. Dinner Plate – the shape is a curved thick horizontal line shaped like a smile.
2. Reheat – the shape is a horizontal line that curves downward at the right end – like it is coming back around.
3. Beverage - the shape is a cup with a small bump on the right representing the handle.
Row 2 has three controls, starting on the left side.
1. Popcorn – the shape is a popped popcorn kernel, rounded and curvy.
2. Vegetable – shape is a broccoli floret, like the shape of a tree.
3. Potato – the shape is a wide oval with ridges on the top – like a baked potato.
Row 3 has three controls, starting on the left side.
1. Defrost – the shape is a droplet, pointy on the top and round on the bottom.
2. Pizza – the shape is a triangular pizza slice with the wavy crust on the upper right.
3. Power Level – the shape is a stairstep increasing to the right, representing increasing levels.
Row 4 has two controls, starting on the left side.
1. Cook Time – the shape is an hourglass with a small indent on the top.
2. Add 30 seconds – the shape is a plus sign.
Row 5 has three controls.
1, 2, 3. Keypad numbers 1,2,3 – the shapes are small circles.
Row 6 has three controls.
1, 2, 3. Keypad numbers 4,5,6 – the shapes are small circles. The 5 button is taller than the other icons.
Row 7 has three controls.
1, 2, 3. Keypad numbers 7,8,9 – the shapes are small circles.
Row 8 has three controls.
1. Clock - the shape is a circle with a slice removed to represent a clock face.
2. Keypad number 0 – the shape is a small circle.
3. Timer – the shape is an hourglass.
Row 9 has two controls.
1. Cancel/Off – the shape is an X.
2. Start/Pause - the shape is a right pointing triangle.
End of Microwave description.
Overall pretty good.
dinner plate is very thin. Not thrilled with this icon.